Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A stones throw

Sometimes it necessary, in order to move forward, to rid people from your life that are "toxic". They inhibit your growth, try to stop you from becoming a better person and have nothing but mean things to say when you make those strides anyway. I am not talking about myself but a close friend. Whose friend is being rather odd in my book. To me, friends are supportive, whether in agreement or not. Just because a friend doesn't agree with your choice of religion or occupation or girlfriend...doesn't give them license to harass you and try to force you into something else. If it makes you happy, then why can't they be happy for that and that alone?

I have friends that I don't agree with. I wouldn't make the same choice they made, but they aren't my choices to make. If it makes them happy and they can live with the outcome, whatever it may be, then I think that is awesome. Kudos for you and way to go. I hope it turns out well for you etc...

Anyway, that's just my take on it.

On to other things, my daughter and her friend, had it in their heads that the school dance this Friday was an event of magnanimous proportions. That, or they just wanted the excuse to have a really fancy dress. After giving them the opportunity to try on super sparkly, plunging formal gowns, Christine and I got them to consider wearing a denim skirt with a cute top. Heh. It was our plan all along, but lets let them have a little fun in the formal department shall we? It worked out well and I am learning the fine art of getting my daughter to think it was "her" idea, for the denim skirt, instead of my own. Reverse psychology? Manipulation? I don't know but we both seem to be happy with the choice (and I didn't have to endure the eye roll). So is my pocketbook. :P

1 comment:

SBB said...

I don't have much patience with toxic friends. I guess that's because life is too short. I try to be kind as I move them out of my life, but I do move them. We have to.