Sunday, May 14, 2006



I was pretty much a jerk today. Sometimes assumptions or thoughts about a particular thing seem like truth when you don't know any different. And you don't know any different because you don't take the time to ask and find out how something really is. Not ignorance, just stupidity. My mom left a comment tonight. I removed it, but I didn't remove it because it was something I wanted to hide or deny, just simply that I thought it was best left between us instead of the whole internet. I don't normally post about detailed family issues.



I was angry today, because I assumed something had been said to my Mom to put me in a negative light. A piece of a conversation that was taken and forwarded without the purpose of the whole. It made me sad, and angry to think that someone would have a purpose for that. And so, I spent our day at my Mom's for Mother's day, feeling that it was best to just not say anything. When I feel that way, I do better if I keep my mouth shut so that I don't spit out something nasty or have some inflection that is rude. It happened anyway, however, when my Mom asked me a simple question. At that point, I knew I just needed to shut up. What makes it bad however, is that I was completely wrong. And, so, I spent the day with my family wondering what was wrong with me and if I was angry at them in particular. To be honest, I am not sure who in particular, certainly not my Mom but it came across that way too. I wish I could make the day over again, but I can't. I was just angry at the "thought". And that is what was so wrong. It wasn't truth. Just an assumption. And I am sorry for taking that out on anyone.



Really sorry...

No comments: