Thursday, May 25, 2006

On your mark

Yep. Just another day in the 'hood. *heavy sigh* (lip roll and everything)

Quiet these days isn't it? While I am not giving up on my personal challenge of getting hot and skinny...I think I am for the Great Slim Down. Everyone has just sort of lost the drive for it, it would seem. Aside from internet issues and general busy-ness. It's ok though...I understand and will miss the feeling that "We were in this together" kinda thing. It motivated me.

But, that doesn't mean I am stopping. I like the fact that, while I have no money to buy new clothes, my clothes are getting to the point where I just have to do something. I am down to only 3 pairs of pants I can wear that don't look...uh...Baggy? Baggy isn't even right because baggy just doesn't even begin to decribe. I just feel silly and somewhat embarrassed when I am in front of a client and I have to hike up my pants or toss back my top because the neckline is way too low or the waist is inching down my hips. The 3 pairs of pants I have, are capris. A little too casual for the office.

I am not complaining mind you...I am just waiting for a bag of money to fall from the sky. Even then, it wouldn't go for clothes.

My life is definitly back to the norm. Catching up to the word Go.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't want to spend the money on a bunch of new clothes either. As much as I like to see how they are fitting, I hoping that even the smaller sizes don't last too long :)

I did find one outfit for this weekend...an ENTIRE outfit CHEAP at Macy's. WooHOO! But I'll tell of this weekend...or rather today, in a bit :D I look through the thrift stores too. Not only cause it saves money, but I don't feel like I've spent a fortune only to send to the thrift store soon...

I won't give up on Slim Down. Just felt kind of lonely over there the last few weeks.