Friday, June 09, 2006

In a shell, you can hear it

It's these moments of absolute quiet that puzzle me. When everyday in the week has passed, with me at a run trying to make it to the next thing and then all of a sudden, I am at a complete stop. There is nothing. No one wanting something, or needing me. The house is clean, laundry done. I wonder what to do and what I am for. Those thoughts that can I either take you to a high or an extreme low if you let them. I tend to like a happy medium mostly. But I get extremes. I need to find a way to moderate it all. Spread it out. I keep myself busy as much as possible to keep the thoughts from coming. But then, inevitably, I'll run out. It's easier to stay positive, telling yourself what is best, when you don't have time to think on the negatives or what you could have done different.

I reserved a weekend at the coast for me and Rachel in July, today. My sister Sarah referred me to this place that sits right on the beach. Just outside your sliding door, lies the path. It's a part of the Oregon coast I haven't been to, so I am thinking it is going to be fun to explore. Lots of beach combing, lighthouses and in July, there is a garden show and music festival. We might even throw in a 2 hour horseback ride along the ocean one day. It sounds dreamy. It's my most favorite place to be. I wish we were there now...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, I know for that, Frenzied. And that is enough, I just meant it was weird when all of a sudden you come to a complete stop.

Anyway, I amlooking forward to the trip myself. It should be fun, and I think I can swing it, it's still a month away... :)