Saturday, July 22, 2006

Chunky Dunk

They say if you have a clean space, that your mind won't be so cluttered either. I am trying to work towards that. Taking off last weekend, even though my house was clean when I left, has put me behind in "keeping up". I worked a lot of hours this week too. And this weekend is chock full of stuff as well. I did manage to clean out my fridge, wash my car and am about to "de-hair" my nice pretty sofa. I love the darker color, but dang me if it doesn't show Everything...

There is a lot going on around me. Although my own personal space is quiet and relatively event free, I can't say the same for those closest. I can't stand to see those I love....sad, disappointed or angry. I want to fix it. I want to make it all better and make it all happy ever after. It's frustrating when I can't. It's frustrating to stand by and wonder when some will come to their senses and realize there is a better way. A nicer way that shows respect, appreciation and perhaps even a little humility. I suppose it comes with age, but I am not big on excuses. And while I know age can play a big part in behavior and maturity, I think wisdom comes with experience which can be achieved at any number of years. I see both sides, I understand them but it was just done wrong. And my words just don't seem to be enough. I try to stay neutral, but if you ask me what I think you can be sure I will say so. I am just not one to offer up my opinion without the need or desire to know it.

So, I am cleaning. It makes me feel like I am doing something to get rid of the mess. Even if it is just my own.

Now, if this nasty heat will go away, it will be even better. We are going to campground today, by the river. I am hoping it is somewhat cooler there, being next to the river and all. I just don't think the company would appreciate me wanting to skinny dip. 'Course, I am not sure you would call it that...