Monday, August 28, 2006

Happy Monday....really...

Conversations with my Dr.

Dr. C Says: You have Osteoarthritis in your knee. I can give you some anit-inflammatories and a Cortisone shot to help you out until the MRI comes back and we decide if you need surgery. The cortisone shot is up to you.

I Say: Well, will the shot help? Is it worth it?

Dr. C Says: Most assuredly.

I Say: Ok then. Whatever will work, I am game. What are the benefits?

Dr. C Says: The inflammation will go down considerably thus relieving some of the pain you experience. (with syringe in hand) Just lay back.

I Say: Ok.

*poke* !GRIPPING TABLE WITH BOTH HANDS WISHING I HAD A PIECE OF STEEL TO BITE DOWN ON!

Dr. C Says: We're almost done here. Feel any pain?

I Say: Uh...Yeah?! Holy $%?$#%! (I didn't really say anything bad but you can be sure it was in my head. Much like Elaine from Seinfeld and the Subway episode where she is standing there yelling at the other people annoying the "stuff" out of her)

*Lifetime passes before my eyes and I think I am going to throw up*

Dr. C Says: I am sorry about that, but we're all done now.

I Say: *sigh* Dang me, it felt like you put that needle all the way into the joint.

Dr. C Says: I did. *grin* I pulled out some fluid and injected the Cortisone and Novacain.

I Say: Oh, well that explains that.

It was an interesting experience. I kept thinking that this must be what the orthoscopy feels like without anes...without anescep...without drugs. But I am certainly exaggerating. It was a little freaky though. Dang me...

I am glad I did it, however. I can't believe the difference in just a few hours. He said it would get better progressively over the next few days and would last about 6 months. :) yeah! I still have to have the MRI, and possible surgery, but no mention of a reconstruction (Hallelujah!) was uttered.

MY baby comes home in approximately 26 minutes. I am giddy! I can't wait to pet her pretty hair (my Mom is rolling her eyes as she just read that :P) and hug my girl tight in my arms. Ugh...I am chomping at the bit.

It's a good day :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Nope, no warning. And I didn't ask. I thought it would just be a local thing, and I don't mind needles much. So I wasn't worried...until he stuck it in me. Far. Ugh..

I know that even though it feels awesome! that, I need to be careful still. But dang me if it doesn't feel almost normal. And he said it would take a couple days to feel the relief..Ha! I can't wait to see how it feels tomorrow.

My baby IS home...so much relief in that alone. :)