Thursday, August 17, 2006

Low down

It isn't the boyfriend that is keeping me away, nor the video game that is distracting my attention or the fact that I am super tired come 10pm and find myself already curled into my sheets while talking on the phone with Chris. (Ok maybe a combination of all those things) Work, has been a bear. I am surprised that we have so many, still, moving to our town with the way real estate is going. But they come anyway. A lot of them. From all over the country. Our little town is getting crowded and it's hard to keep up. The cost of living is rising like crazy.

As such, I have started looking for another job. I need one that can keep me afloat. I have been with my company for 5 years, I love my work and most of the people I help, but my boss doesn't find any sort of value in me. Monetary value anyway. See, I don't hold a degree. Without that piece of paper, he has stated that I am not worth much despite how long I have been there and how much I do. (Work experience and knowledge doesn't mean jack to Mr. Golf Shoes.) He has left me no choice. And although the thought of starting over in a new career is scary, I think it would be better for me in the long run. It's sad, I'd love to be able to stay.

I guess that's it...

No comments: