Sunday, August 13, 2006

And many more...

Yesterday, was a good day. As a present to myself, I cleaned my house top to bottom. It was so nice to wake up this morning to everything spic and span. Yes! I get an odd sense of clarity and control when my home isn't run amuck. It gives me peace. I know it's weird and when I would tell people my plans for yesterday, I got a strange expression. My friend, Debbie, thinks I am a neat freak. Like I have some sort of mental issue when it comes to my home being clean. I don't think that is true. (Well, not if you saw it on the weeks when I am working all kinds of hours and busy riegns on the weekends too.) I think neat (I actually typed "meat freaks" but luckily found that little typo :P) freaks would cancel fun stuff just to get things in order. I won't, but there is a little part of me in the background wincing, if someone should mention coming over. A small panic attack ensues until I tell myself "Who really cares?" They like me...not my house. (Don't open the closets however, Pack rats unite!)

Anyway, Chris came to spend the day with me and Rachel (after my cleaning frenzy). He brought me a really nice card ( no Mom, he didn't say those 3 little words but when you open the card, it starts to play "She a Brick House" by KC and the Sunshine Band. :P Ha! He knows me so well already.) He took us to the movies (Which I really, really wanted to go. I said no presents but being together would be perfect. Sharing time is a gift unto itself. It's enough for me. Mostly :P) and then my Mom and Dad took us to dinner. (Thank you :) After that, we met at Ben and Jerry's with the Fam to share in some ice cream. That, to me, is a great B-day. All my favorite people involved (aside from those with prior stuff going on). After that, we just came back to my place, watched a movie (no Brian, we weren't one of the 2 in Ten Million Birthday's that end in complete nudity. *sigh* Maybe next year. :P) and he went home. I cuddled up with my girl to watch another movie on the couch and we both fell asleep. :) It was perfect.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend too.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks!

It was yesterday...the 12th. :)

Michelle said...

That's ok, I didn't exactly announce it either :P

SBB said...

Happy happy happy birthday to you!

Rats. I missed it, too. I apologize and grovel before you. While I'm down here, should I massage your feet with warm, scented oil? :)

Michelle said...

Umm...yes. ;)

And thanks...

Michelle said...

For what? lol

Michelle said...

Actually, I haven't seen him since Sunday. Except for a quick stop by my work on Monday.

I think I am just having issues. And, I dont want to get all whiney. :P

Michelle said...

Wow! I think this is the most comments I have ever had on one post.

Michelle said...

Yeah, pretty much just the issues. And the fact that I bought myself a new video game for my birthday. :)

SBB said...

You chose a video game over us? OVER ME?!!!

I'm heartbroken.

Sigh.

Michelle said...

Tech...if I had known that you were a choice in my selection of distractions, the answer would have been a given. ;)

I'm sorry.

Michelle said...

I like DS. :P

Tomb Raider: Legend for PS2

(I've been waiting for the price to come down...)