Monday, September 11, 2006

Right foot first

Chris and I were just talking about how my daughters father once tried to get state disability for claiming he was ADD. Of course we got a good (sort of sad) chuckle out of it but now I am starting to wonder if I am the with ADD. Clearly not, but I do find myself flitting from one project to another without fully starting one much less completing it. Yeesh. I sat down to write this post no less than 3 times, but would find myself either manicuring my nails or folding laundry when I would remember what it was I was beginning to do, to begin with! So here I am now, with only ten minutes before I must find myself rushing to the bus stop. Let's see how I do...

Things are better with Chris. At least for the moment. I have to keep reminding myself, that he is not "other" people. That because there is something he says or does that triggers my fears of relationships past, it doesn't make him completely that person. I am trying to look at those things about him, that are completely different and completely what I want in a person I spend time with. He has a lot of those qualities, and while I can't ignore or look past the negatives, he certainly has a lot of positives that are keeping me in the game. I can't just walk away from him, because I get scared. I know what that feels like, when someone doesn't give you the chance you deserve, and I don't want to make anyone feel that kind of rejection. It hurts, deep and long. I do care about him that much. Heck, I think all people deserve that much respect.

He asked me, last night, if he asked me to tie the knot in a year or so, if I would run for the hills. I said I didn't know how I would feel in a year or so, but the fact that he mentions it now, doesn't scare me. But I am thinking it's because I know I am not going to make a wrong decision. I am not going to marry someone, just because they ask or I feel sorry or because I don't want to be alone. It's going to be because it's the right decision for me and my daughter. And, for our relationship. Whether that is with him or not, remains to be seen.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, we have been dating for 3 months now. Why?

Michelle said...

We were just talking hypothetical. It started with talking about fears and how some people jump the gun without putting much thought into it. I told him how i freaked when one guy said he wanted to marry me someday and we were only on our first date! The guy wanted to be married for marrieds sake, not because he wanted me.

Chris just wanted to know if I would get scared if he did, but it's a different situation and if our relationship is at that point in a year or so then I would be ok with it. It isn't like I never want to get married again if it's the right person.

Just thought I should explain. :)

Michelle said...

This Summer flew by...

I can't believe the first day of Autumn is around the corner.