Sunday, October 08, 2006

And a Crueller too

Sometimes, those Apple Fritter cravings are more than any one person can withstand. I snuck out of the house (sorta, I got caught) and took my daughter to the bakery this morning. Technically, I am not supposed to drive, but I figured I hadn't had any meds since 8pm last night and I am supposed to bear weight on my knee...so..I went and got some donuts. :P

I did really good yesterday though, for the most part. There is only so much I can stand of laying still. Even if it was just a walk around my little home, wiping down the counters and putting a few dishes away, it felt like I did something.

My family and Chris have been so helpful though. It was nice to feel taken care of. Chris stayed with me on Friday and nearly launched himself out the window of my bedroom, trying to get up in the middle of the night to help me to the restroom. Poor guy, but he was so sweet and made me feel so important. Thankfully, he let me do my duty in private (LOL) but yet was there to help me keep my balance getting to and from. (I was a bit loopy to say the least) My Mom kept me in food (And stitches of the laughing kind) all weekend. It was nice to not have to worry about what or how to make dinner for my baby girl. Thanks Mom XOXO.

All in all, the knee is doing ok. I have elephantitis of the left leg, but I am hoping that the swelling goes down soon. It just makes it hurt more. The Doc said he had to clear a lot more tissue this time and he went in from all angles versus just one side or the other like the last couple of surgeries. It hurt a little more this time than in the past, but maybe that's a good thing. The worse before it's better kind of thing... I am anxious, with this behind me, to get back to the ballroom dancing, the swimming and just being normal and taking off for some fun hiking trips and a time or two at the coast.

Thanks Frenzied for checking in on me! You are so sweet and it feels nice to know someone is wondering :)

2 comments:

Justice said...

Here's to a quick and full recovery!

Michelle said...

Thanks Justice!

I'll be going back to work tomorrow. Technically, I am supposed to take a week off, but I can't afford to do that. So, off to work I go. It will take a little longer to get better, but I don't have much choice in the matter. Such is life...

My Fritter was so yummy, good thing I didn't splurge on a dozen donuts...there wouldn't be any left. :P