Thursday, July 27, 2006

Made for walkin'

Ok then..this Dr. is much better. I like her. She knew what she was doing and was able to tell what my problem was after a few tests. I now sport a giant black orthopedic boot, but it actually makes walking easier. Apparently I have Posterior Tibial Tendonitis combined with Plantar Fasciitis. The Plantar was something that has developed because of the tendonitis. Had I let it go much longer, my tendon would rupture. It may still, but we are hoping the boot works (much easier to deal with than a cast). If it doesn't, then I may have to have a hard cast put on anyway. Once I get it healed, 4-6 weeks, I can get by with orthotics when I am active so as to keep myself from reinjuring/straining it.

My sis had a great idea, since we can't walk together now, and that is to go swimming!

Woohooo! I need to get back on track. I've been a little bummed about not losing the last couple of weeks and the lack of exercise isn't helping... Why didn't we think of this sooner?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It is perfect weather for swimming! But our pool is indoors so it works year round. And, I calculated the calories and swimming for an hour burns over twice as much as walking for an hour at 3 MPH. Ha! Even better...the game is ON! :P

And you were right about the orthotics Frenzied, she is having me fitted for one when the foot heals :)