Sunday, August 20, 2006

Can't take my eyes off of you



He's cute huh? He was peeking out from this drain, under the old lodge at Odell Lake. I had fun this weekend, I hope everyone else did too. It's such a cool place. We went and checked out some of the cabins they have for rent. They are open year 'round, and we thought it would be great to rent one in the Winter and try our hand at snowmobiling. :) I have to say, I like being with someone that is up for trying new things, right along with me.

Life, can be an adventure, if you let it.

Chris and I talked a bit tonight, about my apprehension. For closeness that is. It isn't that i don't like him, I do...very much so, I just seem to be taking my time or really trying to figure out, how to get back to the kind of person I was where relationships were concerned. I used to be passionate, took risks and sort of a carefree mentality and openess when I was falling for someone. I am different now. And I suppose that all these years of getting beat up emotionally, and beating myself up emotionally, has taken it's toll. I understand better, about walls and the difficulty in breaking them down. The more he talks to me about his feelings for me, all the wonderful things he thinks I am, and how he sees nothing but good things between us, the thicker that wall feels. The more I try to absorb his words and tell myself he is true, that much less the light comes through the cracks in the concrete. It's like I am losing air...

He says he understands and knows I feel the same, and he said he was patient. That I would say how I felt when I could. How odd hmmm? All this time I had wanted to find a person that treated me well, cherished me and protected me and now I am the one having difficulties. This time, I am the one with the problem.

Even so, he sings "You must be too good to be true..."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG......I for one had a great time. Watching all the kids jump off the boat and that includes you. So fun to see so many smiles and hear so much laughter. There is a God. Oh and karma is crap...lol. Well mostly. What goes around comes around AND you WILL reap what you sow!!!It just sometimes takes longer than we want it to. Sometimes we dont realize it til our own kids are grown and they reveal where we went wrong by how they live their lives. (dont take that personally)

A side note: what we envisioned life with a person would be like is probably FAR from the reality. It just may be that God was doin you a favor by not letting some relationships happen.....

Good Grief Moms are a bore...oh well.

Love and stuff,
XXOO

Anonymous said...

BTW.......I love Frenzieds blinking kitty. Too cute.

XXOO

Michelle said...

Maybe you should come up here to visit Frenzied? :P Take a drive up the coast...until you see those big fat Redwoods.

I swear I just love it here...

I had a blast too Mom. Glad you did. That water was waaay cold though. Dang me...

God, has always been watching out for me. Yes indeedy :)

Love you

SBB said...

Well, it's always hard for me to comment on these posts when you discuss Chris. I don't know why when I seem to have an opinion on everything else in the world and you can't shut me up those times even if you use duct tape. But anyway, if he makes you happy and if you make him happy, well, I guess that's the important thing, don't you think? I think we all want thinks to last forever, and nothing down here does. So you have to enjoy the sweetness while you can and treasure it when things aren't so good.

Michelle said...

I guess it is the important thing, Tech. Happiness that is, but I don't think anything outside of ourselves can make us happy. Human nature is to disappoint as milk is to cookies. Even within our own self.

Frankly, I am not sure how I would feel if I read something about you and a "girlfriend". I wouldn't like it, I know that. But then, for me, you are my secret crush. I would always wish you happiness and joy, however.

*sigh*

Did I really just write that here?

SBB said...

You did just write that here! :) I'm flattered beyond measure. My head will swell so much that it will be mistaken for a blimp!

I guess I am jealous of you and Chris a little bit. That's probably the reason I find it hard to comment on your Chris posts. I do want you to be happy -- cause you certainly deserve happiness -- and if Chris makes you happy, more power to him.

I should just mention again that geography and life sometimes sucks green swamp water. All the roads we cannot take because of where we've been and where we're trying to go.

Michelle said...

Green swamp water with big nasty bugs in it... :p

Justice said...

Do you really think human nature is to disappoint?.. Really?

Snowmobiling: That's a blast!

Michelle said...

Yeah...kinda. Sad and cynical, but I do think they go together.

Snowmobiling. It's something I have just got to try :)