Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Say Thank You



Rachel, is going to the coast this weekend with her dad and his new wife. I don't think I need to mention how incredibly nervous and anxious this makes me. If you know the situation, then you know she doesn't see her dad. Maybe once a year for the obligatory visit so I can't file for abandonment. Which, I most certainly would if given the chance. (He has always had visitation, he just doesn't use it 'cause, ya know, he is really busy with other things that can't wait. Like running fromthe law and all...) I already consider it an odd blessing that he isn't as present as a normal father should be. And, although I feel sorry that my daughter doesn't have a "Dad" like all children should and need to have, I am thankful that this particular one isn't involved. I don't feel that my daughter needs anyone in her life that is willing to sacrifice her needs and well being for their own gain. He doesn't understand why I feel the way I do, but then again, we're talking about a person that tells me he is "hurt" because his daughter doesn't call him enough. And, why should he call her when she doesn't call him? (nice attitude) I say "When did it become the child's responsibility to parent the parent?" "At what point, does he make an effort to know his own child?"

At any rate, I wish I could put some sort of tracking device on his car or person, so I can make sure he goes to the place he says they are going. (he once tried to flee the state with my daughter and threatened to never let me see her again. I can't let go of that threat. What if he decides to make good on it? Why would it be any different now?)

I am scared. She has never, ever, been gone, with him, for 4 days in a row. I'm sending Angels to be by her side, around her and walking with her.

Guardian Angels

God gave us each an angel
To watch over us with love.
They're always carrying messages
To Him in Heaven above.

They warn us during danger,
Encourage us to do what is right,
And will always guard and guide us,
Throughout the day and night.

God sent them to protect us,
When crisis comes our way,
And to aid us with our problems
That we encounter every day.

Thank You, my God in Heaven,
For our Guardian Angels dear.
They're just a token of Your love
To help us overcome life's fears.


~Shirley Hile Powell

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sad thing...but a good thing.

SBB said...

If he ever does something as incredibly stupid as that, we will track him down and have him slaughtered and fed to the pigs. Or fishes depending on what wildlife needs the food and the season. (Yet another reason to not eat pork.)

Michelle said...

It would ruin the whole pig population.

I am sure all will be fine. I just don't like it very much.

Thank you for your support Tech :)