Monday, September 25, 2006

A Monarch?



He'll be a butterfly next spring. Things can change in a just a season's passing.

I thought it would be great to get out and take some pictures yesterday, so we went for a walk at one of my favorite parks, west of here. It's amazing how much it has changed over the Summer. The girls and I were there at the beginning of Spring. The trails were flooded, all sorts of growth going on and now it was dry, dusty and crawly creatures are scrambling to make their way before snow.

A sweet older German couple, who were speaking thickly in their tongue, asked if we'd like them to take our picture for us. We said sure, but I wondered if he must have thought we were a family.

Our walk was a little short lived since I was hoping to catch some Autumn colors, but all that was there was the remnants of the heat. Rachel seemed a little bored with it anyway.

Chris and I talked, a little. I explained how I felt but that I understood and that I have my own issues I am working on. What counts is that we can come together to talk and work it out. Communication is what is going to decide if we make this relationship work. So, he is going to find a better way to express himself when he gets frustrated or fearful and I am going to listen.

5 comments:

SBB said...

That's a great photo!

Justice said...

My husband and I both experienced hellish relationships before we met. It took us some time to learn to communicate with each other because we were both so used to something else. We kept communicating, and we worked out what didn't eventually work itself out.

Have you said what kind of camera you use?

Michelle said...

Thanks Tech!

That is what we are trying to do together Justice, it's going to take some work but it's worth it, I believe. :)

I use a Kodak 6590 (I think that's the model) Let's just say it isn't the camera I really want, but then I don't have a spare $1000+ laying around... It does some good pictures in spite of the auto focus (which drives me a little nuts when it doesn't focus on what I am trying to focus in on. sheesh. If you notice, his, the caterpillars, face isn't in focus. I liked it anyway, but having some control over the cameras macro would be nice.)

Michelle said...

Oh and all the fuzzy guys wiggling about didn't help either. He just wanted me to leave him alone :P

Michelle said...

Thanks Frenzied!